Collection and use of information
EMS may collect the following types of information about you when you use the EMS website (including the My EMS service):
- information which you provide to us through our website or otherwise. This information may include, for example, name, mailing address, email address, phone number and similar information which may be provided to us when you register to use our website and/or the My EMS service or otherwise when you use our website; and
- information regarding how you use our website and/or the My EMS Service which may include (i) technical information regarding your browser, operating system and/or system settings; (ii) information about the frequency and duration of your visits to our website and how you interact with our website.
We may use this information:
- to allow you to use the My EMS service and/or any other interactive features of our website or services, when you choose to do so;
- to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes; and
- for the purposes outlined in our Merchant Agreement with you (if any).
EMS does not disclose domain name or aggregate information to third parties other than vendors who assist us with our website and/or the delivery of services to you, and who are under strict confidentiality requirements.
From time to time, however, we may disclose this information to fulfil legal or regulatory obligations or if we determine such disclosure is legally advisable or necessary to protect our rights, the rights of others, or to prevent harm. In addition, we may aggregate data about users of our site and use it for statistical purposes. This information helps us to better understand our site’s users and how to improve our site and our offerings.
A cookie is a small file, typically of letters and numbers, downloaded on to a device such as a computer when a user accesses certain websites. Cookies allow a website to recognise a user’s device. Cookies can expire at the end of a browser session (from when a user opens the browser window to when they exit the browser) or they can be stored for longer.
The EMS Website may use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into the My EMS service or other secure areas of the EMS Website, or make use of e-billing services etc.;
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily;
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region);
- Affiliate marketing cookies. These are used to track referrals which have been generated by our partners, and to ensure marketing messages are as relevant as possible;
- Social media cookies. These are used by multiple social media platforms (e.g. Facebook, Twitter) to enable the sharing of content on our website; and
- Google Analytics cookies. These are cookies from Google as part of its Google Analytics service. The data collected via this service is used to improve our website. For example: if statistics show a low conversion rate for a contact form, improvements may be made to make the form less complicated. Google may be forced by law to supply information to third parties. These regulations are outside of EMS’ jurisdiction.
For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage, block and delete them, see: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
You can delete, remove your consent and/or block cookies sent to you from the EMS website by activating the appropriate settings on your browser. Should you do so however, you may not be able to access the EMS Website (or parts of it), or use it in the manner intended.
Google complies with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the US Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and subject to enforcement by the Federal Trade Commission.
You can also opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites by visiting http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We are committed to protecting the confidentiality of user information
Our policies limit access to personal user information that is collected from this website to our employees and agents and the employees and/or agents of our affiliates and business partners who need the information to fulfil their business responsibilities. EMS may disclose personal information collected online to our affiliates and to vendors who assist us with the website. In some cases, this may require your information to be sent to other countries. By supplying your information on this website, you consent to your information being transferred across national borders (including where applicable outside of the European Economic Area) to EMS, its affiliates, vendors or agents. Vendors and other outside contractors we engage are subject to our contractual requirements for safeguarding personal information.
We use appropriate security safeguards
At EMS, security is a priority. Unfortunately however, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will apply appropriate measures, including advanced technology, to protect personal information collected online against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. These measures may include, among others, encryption, physical access security, and other appropriate technologies. EMS reviews and enhances its security systems, as necessary.
This website may be linked to other websites
We may create links to third-party websites. EMS is not responsible for the privacy practices employed by websites that are linked to from our website. EMS’s privacy policies and practices do not apply to these sites. EMS does not guarantee, approve, or endorse any information, material, services, or products contained on these links. EMS is not responsible for any content on sites linked from or to www.EMSpay.eu. EMS is providing the linked sites as a convenience and your connection to any linked site is at your own risk.